Church Door

Luzein, around 1670

From the standpoint of a museum it is always best if a building remains intact with all its original building components. In practice, however, that is not always possible. Be it that a house is torn down, or because individual elements have to give way to a renovation, or also because an object, for example, is in danger of suffering damage because of weather conditions. In such cases building elements can also be added to the collection.

This was the case for this pointed-arch church door of larch wood, which was «vorsorglich» [as a cautionary measure], as was written, transferred from Luzein to the Museum. For the local church a copy was made.